Thursday 31 December 2015

What a load of rubbish!

My last records from 2015 were from the front plate of this rubbish bin in Killay, Swansea (you can imagine the odd looks I had as I examined and photographed the bin). For ref the following were noted on the front of the bin; Bryum capillare, Frullania dilatata, Orthotrichum affine, O. diaphanum and Rhynchostegium confertum. The year was in fact far from being a load of rubbish and good progress was made with recording. Very best wishes for 2016 and a mossy New Year to all.

See also HERE for more dustbin bryoflora

2 comments:

  1. Interesting about the epiphytes. I've seen Frullania on bins in Cardiff but only when these are directly beneath street trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only other bin flora I recall recording was a rubberised bin lid in Ilston Church grounds, which had Scistidium crassipilum amongst others.

    ReplyDelete